Monday, January 9, 2012

Procrastinating & Legitimate Excuses

I don't know about everyone else, but between working, studying, watching episodes of Psych & becoming ill (I'm sick again, and am currently looking into the process of seceding from one's own body), I have not been doing a stellar job of honing my writing craft.

But I'm sick of making excuses! Surely my ever-widening ass (which I swear I can actually feel growing larger as I sit before the computer in the office where I work) can be kicked into gear! Or at least tricked.

A pretty awesome guy on Twitter, Berick Cook, has begun posting flash fiction. & it really made me think - flash fiction is hard, but I should be able to do that.

& so B. Cook has inspired me to start a challenge. Initiated as a self-challenge, anyone can feel free to join me. For the rest of January, I am going to aim to post 2 pieces of flash fiction each week on this blog. Inspiration can come from anywhere. Word length can be as short as possible. The only stipulation is that each story must have a beginning, middle & end.

If anyone would like to join me, on their own blog or in the comments of mine, feel free to drop a comment on this post & let me know! Others who stumble across this blog can be prepared to see my writing regretsy posts (which will never be as awesome as this).

1 comment:

Berick Cook said...

I'm happy to have been a source of inspiration! I'm looking forward to reading your work.

I invite you and your fellow writers to join the Flash Fiction 1000 Facebook group. It's a great place to show your work, get feedback, and see what other flash fiction writers are up to: http://www.facebook.com/groups/201180269968073/

Also, for the curious, I have all my works compiled here for easy browsing: http://www.reddit.com/r/berickstories