Sunday, September 27, 2009

A Story in Dialogue

"What's with the cheese?"

"Well, you know that guy I like?"

"Brandon?"

"Yeah. I want to lure him to me, so I'm setting my trap."

"Elaine, he's not a mouse."

"I know - though he does that thing with his nose."

"He still doesn't look like a mouse - his face is the wrong shape. He looks more like a chipmunk, with those chubby cheeks. So, what's with the cheese?"

"What? Chipmunks don't like cheese?"

"Elaine, he's not a chipmunk! And I think they eat acorns or something."

"Those are squirrels. And I know he's not a chipmunk. But everyone likes cheese."

"I'm still not seeing how this trap is supposed to work."

"Oh, I invited him over for a 'study break.'"

"Did you use those air quotes when you asked him over?"

"No. He's going to be here in about fifteen minutes, though, so you should probably go."

"Elaine, do you really think presenting a plate of cheese and crackers is going to make some guy fall head over heels for you?"

"I didn't say anything about crackers."

"Semantics."

"And I didn't say what he was going to eat the cheese off of."

"Okay, I admit it, that trap might work."

7 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

Cheese and crackers are right for a trap!

:D

dad, will you walk one more time with me?

Shelly Quade said...

Thank you for commenting. :)

Of course - who doesn't like cheese? (Excluding the lactose intolerant, who are biased...)

Tammy Brierly said...

That will do it! lol

Anonymous said...

LOL - how you present a "meal" is everything!

Shelly Quade said...

Thanks for commenting, guys. I'm glad you liked it. :)

Tumblewords: said...

Plus you save money by not buying crackers...:)

Shelly Quade said...

Very true, Tumblewords. Very true. ;)