Sunday, March 1, 2009

Becoming More Realistic

I'm about to start at least one, and possibly two, new jobs this week. Also, I've been feeling really tired lately, for some reason. It usually starts around 3 or 4 in the afternoon.

So, I'm going to need to revise my goal of writing something complete every day.

I'm not totally giving up on myself, it's just that if I don't revise what I want to do, I'll feel overwhelmed, and then, most likely, nothing will get done at all.

So instead of daily output, I'm going to look at weekly output. Since I plan on focusing on short stories, this means I want to finish at least one piece of writing per week. I might deviate from short stories. I do have an essay on Emma I want to finish sometime this decade, and there's the high school story I've been revising for awhile that's at least half done now. Overall, though, I'll probably finish one piece a week.

I don't plan on publishing my pieces on this blog, as they'll be pretty rough, but I can give synopses, I guess.

At the moment, I'm working on a story about a teacher who is obsessed with one of his students. It's about idealization, perversion, and that tricky feeling of love.

No comments: