Sunday, January 4, 2009

Like it or not,

"Barbie is a role model!" (As the character Starla so charmingly puts it in the movie She Gets What She Wants.)

Now, I must admit, I was definitely one of those girls who loved Barbie. But whether you loved her or hated her, chances are, at least if you're a girl, you have a Barbie anecdote.

If so, check out the website of Tanya Lee Stone. She's writing a book about Barbie, and she wants anecdotes of, at most, 150 words. So polish your skill with succinctness, and take a stab at getting published.

And, to give credit where credit is due, I heard about this opportunity from the livejournal of Sarah Dessen.

I'm going to try. I even think I kind of know what I want to do... The hard part is keeping it to a mere 150 words. Eesh. Why am I so wordy?

Oh, and to get you in the mood, here's the first Barbie commercial. Ever! (Courtesy of YouTube)

No comments: